[GRASS-dev] WXPython GUI Designer

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 05:20:25 EDT 2011

Hi,

2011/7/10 Michael Barton <Michael.Barton at asu.edu>:

> Like Anna, I tried both wxGlade and BoaConstructor but decided not to use them. They are OK for a quick interface build, but after working with them some I found it much better to just program wxPython manually using a good IDE. There are numerous IDE's available. For Mac, I've been using Editra for several years and like it a lot.

unfortunately there is no good designer for wxPython compared e.g. to
QT library. At the end you will probably end up with your text editor
which you are use normally for programming. Writing code manually also
helps you to follow wxGUI coding style [1].

Martin

[1] http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/trunk/SUBMITTING_PYTHON#L152