[GRASS-dev] GSoC Week 2 Report: Graphical User Interface for the
hydrological tools r.stream* in GRASS GIS
Margherita Di Leo
dileomargherita at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 05:47:24 EDT 2011
this is to inform you about updates in my GSoC project.
== Work done during week 2 ==
During current week
* I studied some of the r.stream modules to be managed by the GUI. The idea
is to manage the hydrological study in two steps, as detailed on my
project's wiki page .
* I opened a repository on github  in order to upload my helloworlds and
the pieces of code that currently can be run standalone. My very first
helloworld in wxpython has been committed and I have to say that the first
approach to wx has been soft (i.e. not traumatic yet ;-) ). That's joke, I'm
starting to have fun.
== Work to do in week 3 ==
In the next week i plan
* to learn more functionalities of wxpython, i.e. how to manage tabs,
previews of images from a folder etc.
* to keep studying r.stream modules, in order to plan how the GUI shall
manage the tasks.
* to keep my project's wiki page up-to-date.
Eng. Margherita Di Leo
Methods and Technologies for Environmental Monitoring
Department of Environmental Engineering and Physics (DIFA)
University of Basilicata
Campus Macchia Romana
85100 - Potenza
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the grass-dev