[GRASS-dev] v.in.ogr slowness with GRASS 6.4.1 on Linux

Thomas Adams Thomas.Adams at noaa.gov
Fri Jun 3 15:48:10 EDT 2011

  All:

I have compiled various versions of GRASS on Linux (Redhat) in the past
without problems and recently complied GRASS 6.4.1 on Linux. If I try to
import a shapefile using GRASS 6.4.1 using v.in.ogr, it takes more than
an order of magnitude longer than previous versions of GRASS that I
built and used.

Does anyone have any suggestions what could be going on — I don't
believe I'm doing anything differently to compile GRASS.

Thank you,
Tom

--
Thomas E Adams