[GRASS-dev] grass7 - renamed optiont

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 14 02:40:04 EDT 2011

Glynn:
> The only caveat is that an abbreviation given on the command line must
> not match multiple options, or else an error occurs; there is no "best
> match" rule.

I would think that an exact match should trump all others, and only after
that an error occurs on ambiguities. (I suppose cycles are cheap these days
but it seems expensive to exhaustively check every single abbrev vs. all
other options' possible abbrevs. but I guess it is safer than leaving it
to the eye of the programmer)

shrug,
Hamish

ps- slightly off-topic, but I'd like to keep discussion of this one alive:
 "proposal to improve module wxGUI tab logic"
 https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/886