[GRASS-dev] Test suite for GRASS - proposal, discussion welcome

Soeren Gebbert soerengebbert at googlemail.com
Fri Jun 17 04:12:30 EDT 2011

Hello Pawel,

2011/6/17 Pawel Netzel <pawel.netzel at uni.wroc.pl>:
> Hi,
>
> By my opinion, sections are not clearly separated in the examples on wiki page.

This is intention. IMHO the annotation should be part of the
documentation so the test writer need to formulate sentence using
predefined words.

> It will be something like "good practise" to write:
>
> # description of test
> # .................
> #
> #@preprocessing
> # ... some comments ....
> command1
> command2
> #
> #@test
> # .... some comments ....
> command3
> command4
>
> or alternatively
>
> # ... some commants ...
> #@test
> commandX

This will work of course too. If its generally accepted to use this
style in the test script we can document and suggest it as "good
practice".

> Are you going to introduce annotation @assert('...message...',condition) or something like this?

No, it should be as simple as possible but not too simple. IMHO only
the framework has to take car of the error message generation. In case
special conditions are tested it should be noticed in the test
documentation.

Best regards
Soeren