[GRASS-dev] GRASS Make-system question

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Fri Jun 24 08:34:39 EDT 2011

Soeren Gebbert wrote:

> i face some Make-system problems while implementing r3.colors on top
> of r.colors. Because i have no clue how the make system actually works
> i am lost. I have modified the r.colors Makefile to handle now
> different main files to build two binaries:

> The source code compile well, but i broke the thumbnail preview
> creation. Here the compilation report and error:

	... LC_ALL=C thumbnails.py --html-description < /dev/null | grep -v

Why is it trying to generate a manual page for thumbnails.py?

Ah:
	r.colors.tmp.html: $(HTMLSRC) thumbnails.py
		$(call htmldesc,$<,$@)

This won't work with Multi.make, as HTMLSRC will be empty and so $<
will end up as "thumbnails.py". Instead, use:

	r.colors.tmp.html: $(BIN)/r.colors$(EXE) thumbnails.py
and:
	r3.colors.tmp.html: $(BIN)/r3.colors$(EXE) thumbnails.py