[GRASS-dev] wx.psmap in trunk

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Thu May 12 17:17:08 EDT 2011

Hi all,

some time ago I have announced [1] that one of my students (cc'ed) at
the Czech Technical University in Prague started working on GUI for
ps.map module [2] to allow GRASS users to prepare interactively
hardcopy map outputs using wxGUI.

Anna worked very hard, personally I am very satisfied with her
results. You can install this wxGUI extension via g.extension [2].
Anyway as one of the core wxGUI components it should be included in
wxGUI code base and available for users without any restrictions. The
code is very well written and fits wxGUI coding rules. My suggestion
is to move wx.psmap to the main repo and integrated it with the
current wxGUI.

Please let me know about your opinions. Thanks, Martin

[1] http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-user/2011-March/060158.html
[2] http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/WxGUI_Hardcopy_Map_Output_Utility
[3] http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/WxGUI_Hardcopy_Map_Output_Utility#From_Command_Prompt