[GRASS-dev] which library has CC_u2ll_spheroid_parameters?

Alessandro Frigeri afrigeri at unipg.it
Fri May 20 10:44:59 EDT 2011

Hello,

Looking for a function for converting pixel's coordinates to
geocentric x y z, I've found that CC_ll2geo definition is still
included in the code - generating documentation here
http://grass.osgeo.org/programming6/CC_8h.html.   It was a bit
misleading to find the declaration but not the definition.

Is there some example around to perform conversion of pixel's
coordinates to geocentric x y z using libgrass_gproj?

Regards,

Alessandro

2010/9/24 Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com>:

> Hamish wrote:
>
>> > I am trying to compile some code that calls the function
>> > CC_u2ll_spheroid_parameters.  I have included CC.h and included
>> > libgrass_gproj.so and libgrass_gmath.so in the makefile but the code
>> > isn't compiling.
>> >
>> > I get an error: "undefined reference to 'CC_u2ll_spheroid_parameters'.
>> > I  would be grateful of any help.
>> > which library has CC_u2ll_spheroid_parameters?
>>
>> In GRASS 6.4 source code I only see include/CC.h, but in the GRASS 5.4
>> source code there is ./src/libes/coorcnv/utm.c which includes the
>> CC_u2ll_spheroid_parameters() function if you need it.
>
> CC.h should have been removed along with the rest of the coorcnv
> library. Fixed in r43658 (trunk).
>
> Anything intended to work with current versions of GRASS should use
> PROJ, either directly or via libgrass_gproj. The coorcnv libray was an
> artifact of the days when GRASS only understood UTM and State Plane;
> it was "legacy" code even in 5.x.
>
> --

Alessandro Frigeri, PhD