[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS GIS] #1225: Include support for kilometres / metres (re) as unit options, alongside of kilometers/meters (er)

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Mon May 23 08:42:09 EDT 2011

#1225: Include support for kilometres / metres  (re) as unit options, alongside of
kilometers/meters (er)
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  voncasec     |       Owner:  hamish
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  assigned
      Cpu:  All          |
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------

Comment(by hamish):

 Replying to [comment:1 hamish]:
 > taking ownership of this one, but not sure about the best way
 > to resolve it.

 Replying to [comment:2 hamish]:
 > The place that is set is:
 >   source:grass/trunk/ps/ps.map/do_scalebar.c@#L192

 > you can edit that file by hand and recompile if you need to.

 > I do not like the idea of making it current-locale setting
 > dependent, or a translated macro as many of us work in/with/for
 > both systems and need to be able to produce for both, from both
 > on demand. Those things being silently adjusted for me drives
 > me batty.

 > It could take a cue from the spelling of UNITS in "g.proj -p",
 > but that's rather fragile and not an option for lat/lon locations.

 > I am loathe to add another instruction just for this spelling.

 > ?

 fwiw current-locale dependent spelling was in the mean time applied to
 trunk with r46188.

 Further strategy discussion within this report would be appreciated.
 (+ search ML archive for more talk about it)

 Hamish

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1225#comment:3>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>