[GRASS-dev] SEARCH_PATH: current mapset name laundering

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue May 24 11:57:37 EDT 2011

On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 9:13 PM, Glynn Clements <glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:

> Markus Neteler wrote:
>
>> > Realistically, I think that the current mapset must always be at the
>> > head of the search path. Allowing it to be otherwise will be
>> > error-prone.
>> >
>> > Otherwise, we have to fix existing scripts to explicitly add the
>> > current mapset to any temporary map names. It's much simpler to change
>> > the library to match existing practice.
>>
>> Definitely - I'd vote for a library update.
>
> Try r46173.

Something is odd now (yes, I did "make distclean"):

grass70 /grassdata/indonesia_utm49s/PERMANENT/

GRASS 7.0.svn (nc_spm_08):~ > g.gisenv
MAPSET=neteler
GISDBASE=/grassdata
LOCATION_NAME=nc_spm_08
GRASS_GUI=text

I guess because:
cat /home/neteler/.grass7/rc
MAPSET: neteler
GISDBASE: /grassdata
LOCATION_NAME: nc_spm_08
GRASS_GUI: text

I end up in a wrong location...

But perhaps it is unrelated to r46173, no idea.

Markus