[GRASS-dev] qgis-grass poll

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed May 25 07:19:28 EDT 2011

Paolo Cavallini wrote:
> I would like to do a poll on qgis-grass usage: which would be the best
> web tool to use? Probably better not to use qgis or grass pages;

do you mean the toolbox or the two softwares as independent entities?
if the toolbox, why not on the qgis.org site? that's were most of the
people using it will be looking.

> does osgeo provides polling facilities?

no idea.

perhaps re-run the poll which was on the qgis homepage from a year or
two ago? IIRC the results at the time surprised me about how many (most)
people were using the grass toolbox. maybe it is less now that qgis has
more plugins offering the functionality with less grass-layer weirdness
to deal with?

osgeo.org's drupal surely can do polls, but maybe wait until the recent
LDAP dust has settled there..

slashgeo.org is another more generic site with geo-polls.

thanks,
Hamish