[GRASS-dev] Pyhton script problem WINGrass 6.5SVN

Johannes Radinger JRadinger at gmx.at
Thu Nov 17 09:20:19 EST 2011

Hello,

I compiled an own python script together with
the source of GRASS 6.5SVN on Mac OSX and on Windows.
The script source (with make and description.html) was
place in the same directory of the source etc.
In both cases no errors occured while compiling.
I can easily start my script on my Mac and get after
typing script.py in the console directly to the grafical interface
of the g.parser.
But when I want to call my script in Windows 7, I get following error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:/osgeo4w/usr/src/grass-6.5.svn/dist.i686-pc-
mingw32/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/prompt.py", line 809, in
OnItemSelected

self.cmdDesc = gtask.parse_interface(cmd)
  File "c:/OSGeo4W/apps/grass/grass-6.5.svn\etc\python\grass
\script\task.py", line 457, in parse_interface

tree = etree.fromstring(get_interface_description(name))
  File
"c:\OSGeo4W\apps\Python25\lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py",
line 964, in XML

return parser.close()
  File
"c:\OSGeo4W\apps\Python25\lib\xml\etree\ElementTree.py",
line 1254, in close

self._parser.Parse("", 1) # end of data
xml.parsers.expat
.
ExpatError
:
no element found: line 1, column 0

I don't know what that error means, can anyone give me a hint what causes the problem in windows (environemtal variables? python modules? pyhton version etc.? or the script file itself, although it is excactly similar to the one I use on Mac?)

best regards,
Johannes