[GRASS-dev] 6.4.2rc3 this week, then 6.4.2 by the holidays?

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Mon Nov 21 20:02:17 EST 2011

I think that this is a good plan - the latest changes definitely need testing.

Unrelated to init.sh I just compiled the release branch and I have the 3D view enabled in Map display,
however, when I run it, lighting does not work (and maybe other things as well)
- although this has been fixed in GRASS7.

Is this the intention? If yes, should there
be some message that to get the full functionality the user should run TclTk nviz
or would it be possible to backport the rest of wxnviz to GRASS6.4.2 release?
Or is the problem on my side that I did not update and compile wxnviz properly?

Helena