[GRASS-dev] 6.4.2rc3 this week, then 6.4.2 by the holidays?

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Fri Nov 25 23:15:06 EST 2011

Anna,

thank you for backporting wxnviz, I just compiled it and it runs great, even with some highly specialized data
(e.g. terrestrial lidar scans at 0.01m resolution).
There are few things that still have issues (mostly features that never really worked in nviz and may be only Mac related)

Appearance:
- scale bar does not work with my terrestrial lidar x,y data (but it worked in grass7 with different data)
- add legend > OK: nothing gets drawn in 3D but the legend shows up when I switch to 2D
but when I clicked delete scalebar (which was not drawn),
my surface disapeared but the legend showed up along with white and black background
(which I assume was supposed to be transparent, because when I moved the legend the surface
was under it - we already discussed this, it may be my problem, because it works for Michael).

General
- when I go from 3D view to 2D and then back to 3D I lose most of my settings
(viewing position, zexag, fringe size etc. - this would be OK if I could get a warning and question
whether I want to save my 3D viewing state before switching)
- similarly, when I add volume to Map layers I lose my view settings and the 3D view goes back to default

Volumes:
- change of region by g.region seems to be ignored (or I missed something), I had to restart GRASS with the new region
to get the 3D region for volumes right. Given that the default top, botom is 1,0, if GRASS
starts with the default 3D region settings volumes do not work because there is just one level.
- isosurfaces work with my terrestrial lidar data but the slices don't, it seems that it is due
my resolution being 0.3m, when I change it to 1m I get at least some limited slicing
  - this may be in ogsf becuase slices in nviz do not work with this data either
- changing color to constant did not change the color of the isosurface
- when working with volumes the following error message shows up :

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/helena/grassdev6/develbranch_6/dist.i386
-apple-darwin10.8.0/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/nviz_tools.py",
line 2829, in OnSetRaster3D

self.UpdateVolumePage(layer, data, updateName = False)
  File "/Users/helena/grassdev6/develbranch_6/dist.i386
-apple-darwin10.8.0/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/nviz_tools.py",
line 4762, in UpdateVolumePage

box.SetChecked(range(len(isosurfaces)))
AttributeError
:
'CheckListBox' object has no attribute 'SetChecked'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Users/helena/grassdev6/develbranch_6/dist.i386
-apple-darwin10.8.0/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/nviz_tools.py",
line 3667, in OnVolumeMode

self.UpdateVolumePage(layer, data, updateName = False)
  File "/Users/helena/grassdev6/develbranch_6/dist.i386
-apple-darwin10.8.0/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/nviz_tools.py",
line 4774, in UpdateVolumePage

box.SetChecked(range(len(slices)))
AttributeError
:
'CheckListBox' object has no attribute 'SetChecked'

Thank you,

Helena