[GRASS-dev] z-exag in wxnviz

Michael Barton Michael.Barton at asu.edu
Sat Nov 26 10:56:36 EST 2011

Thanks for the ideas Hamish. I'm pretty sure that there is a conversion from geographic coordinates in xyz to arbitrary screen coordinates in the OGL code section. I understand what Helena is hoping for, and this would indeed be the ideal. To me, this 'natural' ratio between xy and z should have a z-exag value of 1.0. I have tried to estimate this in the wxPython code, but it is a rough hack and the calculation really should take place in the conversion code for OGL, not in instantiating the slider code where I put it.

Michael
C. Michael Barton
Arizona State University

voice: 	480-965-6262 (SHESC), 480-727-9746 (CSDC)
fax:          480-965-7671 (SHESC),  480-727-0709 (CSDC)