[GRASS-dev] Re: r49205 - in grass/trunk: lib/python raster/r.info

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sun Nov 27 06:10:05 EST 2011

Hi,

2011/11/27 Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com>:
>> I would still incline to use `-g` for shell
>> script output as used in others modules.
>> I have counted more than 45 modules in trunk
>> which use `-g` for shell script style output.
>
> huh? I don't understand what you are talking about.

OK, sorry for wrong counting, there are 68 GRASS modules with `g` flag
(in trunk), from them 16 uses `g` flags for shell script style output.
Note that in most cases the modules which prints something to the
stdout uses `g` flag for shell script style output. So I hoped that my
question is clear, why should be r.info and v.info exceptions? I think
it would be good decision to reserve `g` flag for shell script output
in the case that modules serves such output. That could be clear rule
for user POV.

Martin