[GRASS-dev] How to install GRASS in Linux in order to allow me to compile scripts and functions

Luisa Peña luisapena1979 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 24 05:36:19 EDT 2011

Greetings
(this is almost a follow-up of (
http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2011-October/056366.html)

I have installed the following packages using ELGIS repository:
grass-6.4.1-2.el5.elgis
grass-libs-6.4.1-2.el5.elgis
grass-devel-6.4.1-2.el5.elgis
qgis-grass-1.6.0-3_2.el5.elgis

in /usr/bin/grass64 i have a file named grass64 that points to
/usr/lib64/grass-6.4.1. There I have a few folders like bin, scripts,
driver, etc but I do not have:
- docs
- include
- lib
- man
But in /usr/share/doc/grass-6.4.1/docs/html I have my docs and my grass
includes are in /usr/include/grass. I don't know where libs were placed

So, since I have used a repository t install stable versions why weren't
them placed all in the same folder and in a way that I can use it to compile
my one scripts?

So, what i can I do now?
Thanks
Luisa