[GRASS-dev] tickets to solve for GRASS 6.4.2 release

Maris Nartiss maris.gis at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 11:32:33 EDT 2011

I added an extra warning in r48072 to tcl/tk startup screen [1] as it
seems to not be possible to get GRASS running on Windows if user name
contains non-latin letters. I strongly suggest to add extra error
checking and implement a similar error message in wxgui startup screen
too and close #995 as CANTFIX MS-WINDOWS BROKEN BY DESIGN [2].

Maris.

PS. I would like to see r44890 in 6.4.2, as it has been doing just
fine in 6.5 and waiting in backport queue for long time (8 months).

1. http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/48072
2. http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2011-March/053874.html