[GRASS-dev] GRASS 7 scripts overhaul

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Sep 12 16:23:21 EDT 2011

On Mon, Sep 12, 2011 at 8:24 PM, Glynn Clements
<glynn at gclements.plus.com> wrote:
> Markus Neteler wrote:
>
>> > Try r48225.
>>
>> Now a different one:
>
>> line 267, in main
>>     y, z = yz.split(' ')
>> ValueError: too many values to unpack
>
> I've improved m.proj as much as I can.

Thanks for your efforts!

Still...

v.out.gps -t input=railroads output=trail.gpx
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/neteler/grass70/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/scripts/m.proj",
line 288, in <module>
    main()
  File "/home/neteler/grass70/dist.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/scripts/m.proj",
line 267, in main
    x, y = xy.split('\t')
ValueError: need more than 1 value to unpack

> The main problem is that, when cs2cs is run with the -E flag, it
> appears to copy the input semi-verbatim, meaning that the output
> format varies according to the input format. This makes it impossible
> to reliably parse the output from cs2cs.

I believe that cs2cs should get the equivalent to the -g flag in GRASS which
makes the output truely machine-readable.

Perhaps we concentrate on more important issues than v.out.gps and
let it rest for now. Thanks, Glynn, I am sure that m.proj is way better now.

Markus