[GRASS-dev] requring explicit input=-

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 07:46:37 EDT 2011

2011/9/24 Hamish <hamish_b at yahoo.com>:
> re. r48434  (and a number of other places)
>
> it's a PITA to have to type input=- all the time from the command
> line in places where it can be readily inferred.

well, I don't think that it's a PITA, it's just a little bit more
typing, in this case `i=-` ;-) Personally I would incline to force
user to define that stdin should be read. It leads to the more
readable module interface and probably less confusing for CLI
newcomers. What's your opinion, GRASS power users?

> if the change is intended to make sure the option turns up on
> the required tab(?), please see ticket #886 "improve module wxGUI

v.edit: <input> option is required just for `tool=add` not for other
options. Moreover <input> makes sense only for `tool=create|add`.

Martin