[GRASS-dev] v.generalize: flag -r removed?

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 24 09:48:29 EDT 2011

On Sat, Sep 24, 2011 at 3:21 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Hi all.
> Apparently the flag -r has been recently removed. May I know the reason
> in a few lines? I have to adjust the QGIS the plugin, and I prefer to
> understand before doing.

Until recently, v.generalize did not work with boundaries, more
generally, did not fully adhere to the grass vector topology model.
The -r flag was one of the components causing damage, further on it
duplicated functionality covered be v.clean and made the interface
even more complex. Therefore it was removed while overhauling the
module.

Markus M