[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.4.2RC1 planning

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 27 11:06:53 EDT 2011

Markus N wrote:
> I would suggest to prepare GRASS 6.4.2RC1 over the next days in
> order to make a final release in October possible. I can take care
> of the RC preparation.

.wonderful.

> Objections?

the main thing I'd like to see get done before rc1 is an answer on
the double call to $(MAKE) if INST_NOW=y is passed to Grass.make.

AFAICT that's the only thing left blocking g.extension[.sh] from finally
working with the Ubuntu & Debian packages by users without the full
source tree installed.

https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass/branches/develbranch_6/include/Make/Grass.make.in#L388

(the first time $(MAKE) is called the module is successfully created in
the $MAPSET/.tmp/ dirs. but then it tries to run $(MAKE) again a second
time, but put things in the install dir where the user doesn't have write
permission)

also hoping that the 65 and 70 wingrass nightly builds come back to life
to further test #1452 (wingrass broken datum trans. selection in the wx
loc'n wiz [not sure if it is a symptom of the broken epsg file currently
in proj 4.7.1svn or not]).

thanks,
Hamish