[GRASS-dev] GRASS on a cell phone

Chemin, Yann (IWMI) Y.Chemin at cgiar.org
Wed Sep 28 01:50:54 EDT 2011

I remember Radim Blazek in FOSS conference in Bangkok 2003 having a speech recognition system for shortest path on GRASS using Familiar Linux for PDA.

With the advent of Tablets at 100-200 dollars (1.5GHz dual-core 8-10inches) we are certainly going to have a good GSOC 2012 topic to port GRASS to our beloved Android... Knowing that these tablets are packed with GPS, acceleomters, e-compass, cameras... There are some good integration topics here (r.in.modis can have a sister r.in.landsat based on where you are) then you can have python scripts preparing you dataset while you are digging some soil samples...
Oh well better stop dreaming!

:)