[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.4.2RC1 planning

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 28 18:26:19 EDT 2011

> Hamish wrote:
> > one that failed was d.barb, it failed looking for
> -lfreetype, although libfreetype6.so.* is found in /usr/lib.
>
> That won't help; it would have to be using -lfreetype6
> rather than -lfreetype.

sorry my mistake, /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6* exists from the main
debian package, while /usr/lib/libfreetype.so and *.a come from
the -dev package.

so -lfreetype can't be found, but once the -dev package is
installed and the addon module does build it seems to pick up
the non-dev one:

$ ldd d.barb  | grep freetype
    libfreetype.so.6 => /usr/lib/libfreetype.so.6 (0x00601000)

could resetting $ARCH_LIBPATH make it somehow forget to look in
/usr/lib/ or follow ld.so.conf?

not a critical problem, just confused,
Hamish