[GRASS-dev] GSoC introduction

stepan.turek stepan.turek at seznam.cz
Mon Apr 2 12:54:23 EDT 2012

Hello,

I would like to introduce my topic for  GSoC.

My proposal for GSoC is porting of module i.ortho.photo into GRASS 7. The
module is  based on x monitors, which support was removed  from GRASS 7, so
it  is needed to integrate the ortorectification into wxGUI. The x-monitor
support is related to these imaginary functions:
    photo.2image
    photo.2target

That would be core of my work in GSoC.

Waiting for your feedback! Do you consider this topic to be suitable for GSoC?

I already have some experience in developing in GRASS. This semester I have
been working on my bachelors thesis, which is focused on implementation on
WMS support into GRASS GIS and SAGA GIS. So far I have rewritten module
r.in.wms. This or next week the module should be accessible for testing on GRASS
Addons SVN with name r.in.wms2.

Thanks,

Stepan