[GRASS-dev] GsoC2012: High level map interaction with python

Pietro peter.zamb at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 09:00:42 EDT 2012

Hi Sören,

2012/4/4 Sören Gebbert <soerengebbert at googlemail.com>:
> [cut]
> The VTK GRASS bridge uses the VTK style[1]. This assures the same
> convincing coding style in
> C++, Java and Python. Therefore it is not Python specific but it
> integrates itself into the VTK
> pipeline framework to use the more than 500 existing algorithms of VTK
> for image, voxel and vector processing.

Thank you Sören. I didn't know!

> [cut]
> The idea why i am pointing you to this interface is not use use its
> coding style, but to get an idea what
> classes are needed and how they should be designed to access the low
> level GRASS library functions.
> You will have to think about this aspect too, since these access
> methods are needed to implement
> more complex and massive data processing ready algorithms. So maybe
> the vtk-grass-bridge will give you
> some interesting insights how the C-level of GRASS works?

Thank you! Although I'm new to C/C++, but I will give a closer look at
the source code of vtk-grass-bridge!
Do you think that this project could achieved during the Google Summer
of Code or do you think that is not realistic, because there are a lot
of things in the project idea that are missing?
Would you be interested in being my mentor?

Best regards.

Pietro