[GRASS-dev] removing small multiple polygons created by r.stream.basin + r.to.vect

Margherita Di Leo dileomargherita at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 10:25:06 EDT 2012

Ciao Markus,

On Mon, Apr 9, 2012 at 3:47 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:

> Wouldn't it be better to remove them with v.clean and rmarea to avoid
> holes?

just tried with:

        grass.run_command('v.clean', input = v_basins,
                                     output = v_basin,
                                     type = 'area',
                                     tool = 'rmarea',
                                     thresh = 1,     # I also tried 10
                                     overwrite = True)

Maybe I do something wrong, but this way I can't get rid of small polygons,
and, in addiction, I need to set the threshold parameter, which I'm not
sure to be suitable for all cases...

where am I wrong?

Thanks,
madi