[GRASS-dev] r.average in grass 7 ?

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Tue Apr 10 15:03:47 EDT 2012

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 8:27 PM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> 2012/4/10 Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org>:
>> Module changes GRASS 7
>> http://grass.osgeo.org/wiki/GRASS_7_ideas_collection#Modules
>
> probably time to rename r.statistics2/3 to something more reasonable?
>
> $ r.stat
> r.statistics   r.statistics2  r.statistics3  r.stats

Yes, I think the same. Suggestions:

* r.stats  Generates area statistics for raster map layers.
  --> r.statistics.area

* r.statistics  Calculates category or object oriented statistics.
  --> r.statistics.zonal

* r.statistics2  Calculates category or object oriented statistics
(accumulator-based statistics).
  --> r.statistics.zonal.fp

* r.statistics3  Compute category quantiles using two passes.
  --> r.statistics.quantiles

Still I feel that r.statistics could become a wrapper for r.statistics2,3 to
minimize the number of (too) similar modules.

Markus