[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-user] bundled python modules

Michael Barton michael.barton at asu.edu
Sun Apr 22 13:27:58 EDT 2012

Johannes,

I've had the best luck compiling with the stock python on my Mac, AND installing the needed additional python modules as frameworks from William Kyngesburye's site. For the ones missing from the standard Mac OS installation, this includes most of the ones you mention below.

Michael

On Apr 21, 2012, at 10:00 AM, <grass-user-request at lists.osgeo.org> wrote:

> From: Johannes Radinger <jradinger at gmx.at>
> Subject: [GRASS-user] bundled python modules
> Date: April 21, 2012 1:54:27 AM MDT
> To: grass list <grass-user at lists.osgeo.org>
>

> Hi,
>
> I just wanted to ask if there is a list which python modules come
> already with the GRASS-bundled python?
> At the moment I compiled GRASS on Mac OSX with my system
> python and so all python modules that I've installed are available,
> but how is it with the GRASS-python?
> I am especially interested in following:
>
> time
> math
> sqlite3
> numpy
> scipy
> rpy2
>
> This is just a question if my GRASS script is easily to use on
> another computer (e.g. windows, etc.) without compiling GRASS
> itself (just a simple user-installation).
>
> Cheers,
> Johannes

C. Michael Barton
Visiting Scientist, Integrated Science Program
National Center for Atmospheric Research &
University Consortium for Atmospheric Research
303-497-2889 (voice)

Arizona State University