[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-user] new wxGUI feature: Map Swipe

Anna Kratochvílová kratochanna at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 00:18:18 PDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 10:00 PM, Helmut Kudrnovsky <hellik at web.de> wrote:
> hi Anna,
>
>>I would like to backport it soon, of course. Is there a chance someone
>>could test it on Windows first? (adding dev list)
>
> great work!
>
> I've tested it here a little bit by using the nc-sample dataset and the
> latest available osgeo4w-wingrass7.
>
> the rasters are elevation and ortho_2001_t792_1m; the extent of these
> rasters aren't identical. zoom in works, zoom out seems to be fragile.

Thanks for testing. Zoom out should work the same way as in Map
Display. Could it be caused by the different extent? Also the question
is when you are comparing two maps with different extent should there
be some warning? Because it could confuse the user. On the other hand,
different extent of maps in Map Swipe is completely valid if you are
aware of it. For me it works ok.

Regards,
Anna