[GRASS-dev] Segmentation fault (core dumped) when using r.mapcalc in GRASS 7.0

Paulo van Breugel p.vanbreugel at gmail.com
Sat Aug 18 03:25:19 PDT 2012

When using the graph operator in r.mapcalc and when using many points
(+500) to define the graph, I am getting a 'Segmentation fault (core
dumped)'. This is shown after the calculation has (apparently) finished.

100%
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
GRASS 7.0.svn (latlon):~ >

It is difficult to really check whether the whole calculation has been
carried out correctly, but the new layer looks OK. I did notice that in the
meta data (r.info) of the new layer, only the statement 'generated by
r.mapcalc' is given, while normally the whole r.mapcalc statement would be
shown. Could that be related to the segmentation fault message?

Best regards

Paulo