[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #1633: Unable to display shapefile attribute table due to pipe characters in dbf field

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Sun Aug 19 04:26:06 PDT 2012

#1633: Unable to display shapefile attribute table due to pipe characters in dbf
field
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  richardc             |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect               |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  Unspecified          |
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------

Comment(by neteler):

 Replying to [comment:1 annakrat]:
 > In GRASS 7 I added option to choose separator in GUI settings.

 For the record: r52712

 > Instead of strange error during loading table, you should now get dialog
 which suggests you to change the separator.
 > Could someone test it before backport?

 Tested, it works almost well now, telling the user:

 "Inconsistent number of columns in the table <vectorname>. Try to change
 field separator in GUI Settings, Attributes tab, Data browser section."

 Perhaps it should then not reach the attribute manager window (since
 useless)
 but just return or close the attribute manager window?

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1633#comment:2>
GRASS GIS <http://grass.osgeo.org>