[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.4.3 release planning

Anna Kratochvílová kratochanna at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 04:56:42 PDT 2012

Hi,

> * the ps.map gui composer in unreleased svn is currently using an eps
> mode to draw north arrow decorations instead of the 'point' instruction
> directly. the redundant eps north arrows should be removed before they
> are used in an official release and the method is locked in for backwards
> compatibility. Even if no one else cares about that, I do, so it is
> probably up to me to fix & convert the better qgis north arrows to the
> grass symbol format as needed.

I can fix this in the composer, of course. Adding north arrow would
show a dialog for adding points (this dialog is used for adding
graphics like points, lines, rectangles) which would be slightly
modified for north arrows (like changing the dialog title and so).
Here, it would help me if the directory structure of the symbols is
changed so that the arrows would be located in separate directory
(basic, extra, ..., north_arrow). This way I can show the user only
the north arrow symbols. Other option is not very elegant - I would
have to find all symbols from all directories containing words arrow
or compass.

Regards,
Anna