[GRASS-dev] [GRASS GIS] #1328: v.in.ogr: bogus table connection created when input Shapefile has spaces in it's name

GRASS GIS trac at osgeo.org
Mon Aug 20 05:28:30 PDT 2012

#1328: v.in.ogr: bogus table connection created when input Shapefile has spaces in
it's name
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  msieczka  |       Owner:  grass-dev@…
     Type:  defect    |      Status:  new
      Cpu:  All       |
----------------------+-----------------------------------------------------

Comment(by mmetz):

 Replying to [comment:3 mmetz]:
 > Replying to [comment:2 neteler]:
 > > Replying to [comment:1 hamish]:
 > > > see #809.
 > > >
 > > > the dbln file field sep in grass7 has been changed to '|' from
 space.

 > > Since we cannot change the dbln format in GRASS 6, this looks like
 "wontfix".

 > Fixed in 6.5 r52755 by replacing whitespace with underscore in the GRASS
 layer name. Works for me with shapefiles with whitespace in the name.
 Backport to 6.4?

 Whitespace support in OGR dsn and OGR layer names has been backported to
 6.4 in r52765.

 Markus M

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1328#comment:4>