[GRASS-dev] WinGRASS 6.4.3/6.5 binary, 6.4.2 buggy

Helena Mitasova hmitaso at ncsu.edu
Wed Aug 22 12:21:16 PDT 2012

Martin,

thanks for the snapshots from me as well
- as Michael has indicated WinGRASS6.4.2-2 is indeed buggy -
it does not save map display to images (it hangs up) and the light
sphere and fringe do not work in nviz (these work in GRASS6.4.2 on
Mac, but windows users would be disappointed with 6.4.2).
All of these work in WinGRASS6.4.3svn which makes it even more urgent
to release it and replace the broken 6.4.2 stable release. I forgot
that we used WinGRASS6.4.1 last semester
where these worked so I assumed that 6.4.2 is well tested in class and
would be a good option before 6.4.3 is available. Which makes for a
somewhat rocky start, but I should have tested on windows more
than  I did. Perhaps we need some more formal testing procedures
before the releases, as Soeren has suggested.

Helena

--
Helena Mitasova
Associate Professor