[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.4.3 release planning

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 08:57:53 PDT 2012

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 9:58 AM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 2:03 PM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> it is about time to get 6.4.3 out of the doors. It would be nice to have
>> a RC1 for the upcoming Geostat 2012 in Muenster (full day of GRASS
>> teaching).
>>
>> Here is the current state of the art:
>
> After the recent day's hyperactivity the list looks pretty good now:
> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/query?status=new&status=assigned&status=reopened&group=type&order=priority&priority=blocker&priority=critical&milestone=6.4.3&milestone=6.4.2&milestone=6.4.1&milestone=6.4.0
>
> We are getting close to RC1 to widen up the number of testers.

I have backported various bugfixes from devbr6 related to buffer
overflow. Some bugfixes also needed to be forward ported to trunk. It
would make maintenance much easier if bugs were fixed in trunk first,
then in devbr6 and relbr64. The fixes for these buffer overflows are
simple enough, there is IMHO no reason to apply them in devbr6 and
then risk to forget about them.

Markus M