[GRASS-dev] Error compiling GRASS 7 on Windows - Unknown platform i686-pc-msys

Robin Wilson lists at rtwilson.com
Mon Dec 3 10:31:27 PST 2012

Hi all,

I've been trying to compile GRASS 7 (latest svn) on Windows, following the instructions at http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/CompileOnWindows. When running the package.sh script from within MSYS I got nothing displayed on a screen, waited only a short time, and then got back to the command prompt. I assumed it hadn't work, and found the package.log file (see below). It seems that it can't deal with a platform of i686-pc-msys.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Have I got some configuration wrong somewhere?

Mon Dec 3 16:01:30 GMTST 2012: STARTING remove old logs
Mon Dec  3 16:01:30 GMTST 2012: FINISHED remove old logs AFTER 0s
Mon Dec 3 16:01:30 GMTST 2012: STARTING configure
checking host system type... i686-pc-msys
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for Cygwin environment... no
checking for mingw32 environment... yes
checking for executable suffix... .exe
checking for full floating-point support... yes
checking for pwd... /bin/pwd
checking for source directory... /osgeo4w/usr/src/grass_trunk
checking for build directory... /osgeo4w/usr/src/grass_trunk
checking for svnversion... no
checking for MacOSX App... no
checking for MacOSX architectures... no
checking for MacOSX SDK... no
checking how to build libraries... shared
configure: error: ***Unknown platform: i686-pc-msys***

Cheers,

Robin