[GRASS-dev] Should we not set color table for certain maps from wxGUI

Mohammed Rashad mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 04:09:29 PST 2012

All,

There is a crash in wxgui set colortable for maps created using r.composite
because of very large list of widgets created form the list of rules.

This now happens only for composite maps but can also occur for other maps
which comes with a "long" list of rules from the r.colors.out.

1. Disable color table only for maps created by r.composite can be done
using  the map's metadata which says "Generated by r.composite" . But its a
very dirty trick.

2. Another option is to put a max limit on no. of rules and allows to set
color table for only those under the limit.

This too is dirty but looks cleaner than first one.

3. Redesign color table gui in a way to adopt this situation
Instead of adding multiple widgets there can be a single widget that could
handle a rule like this (honestly I dont know weather there is any widget)

To reproduce the bug see http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1816

--
Regards,
   Rashad