[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-user] i.landsat.toar unable to read metadata file

Nikos Alexandris nik at nikosalexandris.net
Wed Dec 12 23:12:15 PST 2012

Nikos:

> > It seems there are several modifications to the MET content structure.
> > Fortunately (?) two MET files are provided *currently* (at least I have
> > seen this in several L[MTE][457] scenes.

..

I tried to compare variable definitions in the landsat_met.c file with the diff
"TLold.txt_VS_MTL.txt" file (metadata that correspond to a LT5 scene).  The
differences I see are the following:

- SPACECRAFT_ID: was Landsat5, is: LANDSAT_5

- SENSOR_ID: *this is the same*

- ACQUISITION_DATE: renamed (?) to "DATE_ACQUIRED"

- CREATION_TIME: was (?) PRODUCT_CREATION_TIME, is: FILE_DATE

- SUN_ELEVATION: was not existing (!), is: same

- BAND%_GAIN: nowhere to be found as is, was (?):
CORRECTION_METHOD_GAIN_BAND%, is: CORRECTION_GAIN_BAND_%

- LMAX_BAND%: renamed to RADIANCE_MAXIMUM_BAND_%

- LMIN_BAND%: same as above, renamed to RADIANCE_MINIMUM_BAND_%

- QCALMAX_BAND%: renamed to QUANTIZE_CAL_MAX_BAND_%

- QCALMIN_BAND: same as above, renamed to QUANTIZE_CAL_MIN_BAND_%

Is this enough to get  i.landsat.toar  working?
Thanks, Nikos