[GRASS-dev] [GRASS-user] new wxGUI feature: Map Swipe

Markus Metz markus.metz.giswork at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 11:30:10 PST 2012

On Thu, Dec 13, 2012 at 7:10 PM, Anna Kratochvílová
<kratochanna at gmail.com> wrote:

>>> MarkusM has already implemented mirror mode in the georectifier:
>>> http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/ticket/1669#comment:2
>>
>> really? it doesn't seem to work for me. Martin
>
> maybe you are talking about different things? I know that georectifier
> can synchronize the displays at one moment but they are not linked
> permanently or at least I don't know about it.

This is correct, there is no automagic syncronization in the
georectifier, you need to click a button to sync the displays. This is
because syncing in the georectifier works only if the minimum number
of GCP's is active, which is in turn needed to translate coordinates.
Translating coordinates is not needed for the mirror tool, here
syncing can be done instantly. In the georectifier, the chunk of code
of interest is the syncing of the displays, not the translation of the
coordinates.

Markus M