[GRASS-dev] Updating colorrules.py

Anna Kratochvílová kratochanna at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 15:26:38 PST 2012

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 4:39 PM, Mohammed Rashad
<mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> gui/wxpython/modules/colorrules.py, providing inteface for setting
> colortable for raster and vector.
>
> As I reported on trac[1] several weeks ago there is a bug in the code which
> happens if no. color rules for raster map is big (eg: 32763 This for
> nc_spm_08/landsat 4,3,2 color composite) . This will result in crashing the
> whole wxGUI!
>
> The problem is for each rule colorrules.py create a checkbox,textCtrl and
> ColorSelect.
>
> Creating these widgets will hangup the UI.
>
> A solution is to use a list control agw provides one such thing called
> ultimatelistCtrl.
>
> I had updated the colorrules.py and made a patch for it. Anyone Please
> review and update the file

Hi Rashad,

I can't even test your patch at the moment because UltimateListCtrl is
not supported in wxPython 2.8.10.1 (which is installed on my
computer). It seems that it is available from 2.8.11, however in the
grass requirements, there is wxPython >= 2.8.1.1. I agree that this
one is pretty old but still we must decide if it is worth changing the
requirements. I think that the version I have is still used a lot so
we should support it. You are using this widget to show the color I
suppose. I am not aware of any other good solution. Maybe you can a
condition on wxPython version and if it is high enough use this
widget, otherwise use the current implementation?

Anna