[GRASS-dev] wxGUI: supervised classification tool

Anna Kratochvílová kratochanna at gmail.com
Thu Dec 20 05:56:23 PST 2012

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 20, 2012 at 9:52 AM, Markus Neteler <neteler at osgeo.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> while searching for the new i.class tool I have discovered
> the "supervised classification tool"
> in Imagery -> Classify Image -> Interactive input for supervised classification
>
> Nice!  /edit: I now see that it *is* the
> http://grasswiki.osgeo.org/wiki/WxIClass

Right, wxIClass (perhaps g.gui.iclass in the future), available as
"Interactive input for supervised classification" from the menu, is
intended to be an i.class replacement.

> I tried it with NC data and loaded the Landsat2002 group.
> Now I would expect that I can select channels for display from
> the group. Perhaps something with [x] checkboxes would be
> good. The existing "free" choice of maps should remain of course.

That's reasonable, other suggestions are here:
http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/wxGUIDevelopment/wxIClass

> When I then digitize, it nicely opens the class dialog, ok. Then,
> when running, it segfaults (entire wxGUI disappears, no error msg
> visible).

There have been some changes three days ago which should fix this
crash. If you used the latest version, we have a problem.

> Suggestion: It may also become the tool for i.smap, just a method
> dialog would be needed
>
>> Run Analysis
>     - MaxLik: i.maxlik
>     - SMAP: i.gensigset, i.smap

yes, something like this is planned, Stepan is collecting these ideas now.

We haven't touched this tool for some time, however Martin tried to
use it in class with students this week and he promised to report
bugs.

Anna and Vaclav