[GRASS-dev] GRASS Vector Support

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Sun Dec 30 00:22:32 PST 2012

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 9:09 AM, Brian Sanjeewa Rupasinghe
<jinkabs at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sorry for sticking on this question because i badly need gdal-grass plugin
> in Windows.

Your scope is to read GRASS data through GDAL/OGR? No way to read
them through GRASS itself (and its new Python API in GRASS 7)?

> I downloaded gdal-grass-1.5.4.tar.bz2 and unpacked it in c:\osgeo4w\usr\src
> with MSYS console. After unpacking it, i find two dll files; gdal_grass and
> ogr_grass in c:\osgeo4w\usr\src\bin\gdalplugins path. Any idea of compiling
> now this in OSGEO4W?

They *are* the compiled binary files. Just outdated and hence likely
not compliant with the other current OSGeo4W DLLs.

The source code is here:
http://download.osgeo.org/gdal/
-> gdal-grass-1.4.3.tar.gz
but I believe that it should be better extracted again from the master
GDAL package.

Markus