[GRASS-dev] Grass7 GUI compilation failed

Rashad M mohammedrashadkm at gmail.com
Sun Dec 30 02:44:36 PST 2012

exporting PYTHONPATH
to /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/ and running the
script doesnt have any problem. So as you said someone had accidently
modified PYTHONPATH settings.

An ugly fix is to add the below line to include/Make/Rules.make
I know its very dirty thing but a way to solution maybe because when grass
start it automatically picks up the wx path. I dont know how. maybe
wxpython is setting those things.

GRASS_PYTHONPATH := $(call
mkpath,"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode/",$(GRASS_PYTHONPATH))

Best option is to find if set/append PYTHONPATH on configure itself.

python-config gives the python lib dir and from there
dist-packages/wx-2.8-gtk2-unicode will have PYTHONPATH this may not be
called as PYTHONPATH2 or something which is used by GRASS installation only
thus not affecting other packages in the system

On Sun, Dec 30, 2012 at 3:55 PM, Martin Landa <landa.martin at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> 2012/12/30 Helena Mitasova <hmitaso at ncsu.edu>:
> > Currently, the compilation ends with error for the following modules:
> > /Users/helena/grassdev7/grass_trunk/gui/wxpython/animation
> > /Users/helena/grassdev7/grass_trunk/gui/wxpython/mapswipe
> > /Users/helena/grassdev7/grass_trunk/gui/wxpython/gmodeler
> > /Users/helena/grassdev7/grass_trunk/gui/wxpython/rlisetup
> > /Users/helena/grassdev7/grass_trunk/gui/wxpython/psmap
> > /Users/helena/grassdev7/grass_trunk/gui/wxpython/dbmgr
> > /Users/helena/grassdev7/grass_trunk/gui/wxpython/vdigit
> > /Users/helena/grassdev7/grass_trunk/gui/wxpython/iclass
> >
> > but it affects more than the modules above - for example switching to 3d
> view is broken - it has erratic behavior (I can provide
> > more details - there are too many to list here but the following error
> shows up
>
> it will be the same, is it problem with importing 'wx' package, or??
>
> > v.digit runs but hangs on rendering
>
> there is no v.digit in G7, do you mean g.gui.vdigit?
>
> Martin
>
> --
> Martin Landa <landa.martin gmail.com> * http://geo.fsv.cvut.cz/~landa

Regards,