[GRASS-dev] Re: possible bug - more coordination needed

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 5 02:57:28 EST 2012

Tim wrote:
> Since all is done with python,

(the parsing language doesn't really matter)

> could there a test suite that runs automatically
> when the reference source in GRASS changes?
>
> This way, the problems could be captured.

I'm not sure about wanting to do it automatically,
but here's a new script to play with:
 https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/browser/grass-addons/tools/module_key_list.sh

it just dumps all module option and flag names to
a text file which you can later compare with `diff`.

todo: sort parameter and flags alphabetically within
a module so changing the order doesn't trigger a
false-positive interface change.

fwiw, the earlier problem of qgis being unhappy when
grass changed some out= to output= etc. was only
because qgis was trying to match the full word. it
could have still used out= successfully at run-time,
and only try to match the ^partial string at parse-
time. (qgis might have to have some logic to guard
against ambiguous duplicates in that case though)

Hamish