[GRASS-dev] GRASS 6.4.2 release, GRASS6.4.1 stable

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 7 04:33:35 EST 2012

Markus Neteler wrote:
> The better way is to get 6.4.2 out (now!) and then adopt the
> policy suggested by you for future releases.

Hi,

6.4.2 todo list as AIUI:

 * finish release announcement: everyone please take a look at
   https://trac.osgeo.org/grass/wiki/Release/6.4.2-News
   and update. Once that's ready I'll merge the "what's new"
   into the announce_grass642.html page. (rest of the text there
   still needs some work too, maybe I can find a little time
   tomorrow)

 * either close the file which is preventing DB edits in wxGUI
   attribute editor tool, or grey out the edit value, add row,
   delete row menu items/buttons on wingrass

 * figure out how to grey out OnXTerm handlers in the wxGUI on
   wingrass. (module can be present as it can run in a msys term,
   maybe a DOS box too?) or if not greyed out have it catch and
   print a "you need to run this from the msys/dos terminal"
   message.

 * figure out how to better deal with missing dlls on Windows.
   what does it mean to not distribute a system library? I'm
   pretty sure that automatic install is no good, but could
   the installer say "we didn't find the MS runtime listed in
   the registry; do you want to be sent to a link to download
   it now?" and let the user do the rest?

cheers,
Hamish