[GRASS-dev] v.external and postgis

Martin Landa landa.martin at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 02:48:17 EST 2012

Hi,

2012/2/13 Luca Delucchi <lucadeluge at gmail.com>:
> I just try to link a postgis table with v.external but it return an error
>
> GRASS 6.4.2svn (utm32n):~ > v.external dsn="PG:host=localhost
> user=lucadelu dbname=osm" layer=trentino_point
> out=trentino_point_grass
> Building topology for vector map <trentino_point_grass>...
> WARNING: Random read is not supported by OGR for this layer, cannot build
>         support
>
> can someonee test it? I just load an OSM file into postgis with

the link is probably created (try `v.info`) but pseudo-topology is not
possible to build. In other words you can access features on level 1
(without topology). Has linked feature table defined primary key? BTW,
better to test `v.external` in G7 where many bugs when accessing OGR
data have been fixed.

Martin