[GRASS-dev] let's release!

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 19 14:00:16 EST 2012

Martin wrote:
> package for OSGeo4W available [1].
> [1] http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/pkg-grass

thanks.

please please please ensure that is built against proj 4.7.0 not
proj 4.7.1svn, or failing that at least shipping 4.7.0's copy of
the epsg file.

or else proper datum support is broken for half of the planet. (%@#%!)  This is a showstopper for using GRASS in my country;
qgis has similar problems but bundle their own srs.db sqlite
db of it and patch that to avoid at build time. since we depend on
gdal/proj directly we can't easily do that, except maybe hijack
the PROJ support files dir enviro variable and redirect all to
clones in $GISBASE/erc/...

also please be careful not to distribute any license problematic
redistributable dlls on the official osgeo servers embedded
within gpl installers.

cheers,
Hamish