[GRASS-dev] Copyright and license issue

Jarek Jasiewicz jarek.jasiewicz at gmail.com
Sat Jan 14 16:01:55 EST 2012

Hi

I have a question about putting into add-on repository the code
containing completly new terrain analysis system.

Code will be on classic GPL license, however I would like to TEMPORARILY
restrict the name of module, scientific idea (completely new) and
permission to code modification. It means that everybody can use,
analyze, rewrite it for own purpose etc, however if someone would like
to modify original source code in repository should have our permission
(for some time).

This is because the code and entire idea is strongly under development,
however we were asked to publish it for geomorphological community (also
for submitted paper)

I think that it probably will never happen that someone would like to
modify it (except of course bugs), however I would like to keep control
on code integrity for scientific discussion as long as it won't be
finished as an idea.

Any suggestions??

Jarek Jasiewicz.