[GRASS-dev] Re: [GRASS-SVN] r50214 - in grass/trunk/gui/images: . symbols symbols/basic symbols/demo symbols/extra symbols/geology

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 18 17:46:17 EST 2012

svn log:

Martin wrote:
> ideally symbols should be created by GRASS building system,
> similarly
> to r.colors color table thumbnails...

yes, Anna & I discussed that & ideally yes, but in practice
it is just me who added new symbols for the last 5
years, I don't mind the little extra work and was
making PNGs for the wiki anyway, and I'd rather not
make inkscape, optipng, gv, netpbm, and/or
imagemagick build dependencies for GRASS just for this.

thus I think the frequency is too low and the file
bloat is too small to worry about the extra effort.
(plus a little bit of paint program editing at the
pixel level might be needed if things didn't scale well)

Hamish